Welcome to the Piper's Review Archive, Please read first.

An archive of past issues of the Piper's Review. You must be an active subscriber to The Piper's Review (www.irishpipersclub.org) to access the archive. If your subscription is current, please register at the forum (or update your profile) with your full and correct name, then PM me so that I can check your subscription status and grant you access.

Moderator: the plod

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Welcome to the Piper's Review Archive, Please read first.

Post by the plod » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:45 pm

As most of you know, the Pipers' Review is the official publication of the Seattle Irish Pipers club and represents one of the best resources in the piping world for all things "uilleann". Published quarterly, each issue is filled with articles covering everything from making pipes and reeds, to playing technique, history, interviews, Tionol reports, CD reviews, and much more. Now, in conjunction with the Irish Pipers Club, uilleannforum.com is pleased to present the Pipers' Review Archive. Access to the archive is free to all active subscribers of the Pipers' Review. Currently all issues from the years 1979-2006 have been posted in pdf format.

In order to obtain access to the archive you will need to register with uilleannforum (if you aren't already) with your first and last name as well as a user name, or edit your profile to add your first and last name in addition to your user name, once you have done this, PM (or email) me so I can check your subscription status and grant you access to download the files. You must add your actual name to your profile in order to be approved. You will not see the download link until your subscription status has been verified. You will receive verification by PM or email.

Archived issues of the Pipers' Review are in .pdf format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://www.adobe.com) or similar program capable of opening .pdf files. File sizes range from 400 kilobytes to 14 megabytes - download times may therefore vary. It should be noted that after 1994, all of the pdf's are native. Most of the issues before 1994, however, were produced on a typewriter or early word processor and thus the pdf's are scans of photocopies as most of the originals are no longer available. The quality of the reproductions available to me is reflected in the quality of the scans.

The Pipers' Review Archive is provided as a service, free of charge, for all active subscribers to the Pipers' Review publication by the Irish Piper's Club and uilleannforum.com. This archive is for personal use only, unauthorized duplication or redistribution of these files in any format, either print or electronic is strictly forbidden.

The Pipers' Review is published quarterly in February, May, August, and November by the Irish Piper's Club, P.O. Box 31183, Seattle WA 98103-1183.
Editor: Walter Charm, 6010 Fremont Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98103 Tel: (206)784-7353, charm@seanet.com
http://www.irishpipersclub.org

Yearly subscription and membership: US$ 18.00, Canada $19.00 (US funds by Canadian Money Order), and foreign $22.00 (US funds only).

The Irish Piper's Club is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization.
uilleannforum.com is a private forum and is not connected with the Irish Piper's Club in any way other than hosting this archive.
Last edited by the plod on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by the plod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:43 pm

By request, a summary of all issues of the Pipers' Review 1979-Spring 2006

(Edited to update the document 02/19/2008)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by the plod on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by the plod » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:10 pm

I feel I need to clarify one thing regarding the Pipers' Review Archive as I don't think I was entirely clear in my previous message.

You must be an active subscriber to the Review (that is, a paid subscription to the Pipers' Review) to access the files.

www.uilleannforum.com itself is free and only the Pipers' Review Archive has limited access. Uilleannforum.com only serves as the host for the Pipers' Review Archive. You still have to subscribe to the Review in order to download the files.

Sorry for the confusion.

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by the plod » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:50 pm

The Pipers Review Archive is now complete back to the first issue in 1979. As new issues become available in print, the prior issue will be added to the archive.

In addition to The Pipers Review, I have added the complete first volume of 6 issues of The Uilleann Piper, a newsletter started by the Rev. James MacKenzie of North Carolina in 1974. It is believed to be the first newsletter/publication dedicated to the uilleann pipes in the United States.

It is unknown whether there were subsequent volumes or issues of The Uilleann Piper. Should you have knowledge of such, please let me know so that they can be added to this archive.

Have Fun!

Jeff