FS: Ginsberg Bb Full Set

Sell your pipes, reeds, bellows, whatever, here.

Moderators: the plod, dropkick

Ted

FS: Ginsberg Bb Full Set

Post by Ted » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:17 pm

FOR SALE: Full set in Bb by Alan Ginsberg, made in rosewood (probably Dalbergia decipularis), brass and (supposedly) mammoth ivory. Regulator cap ivories have cracks but are sound. Estimated to have been made c. 1985-90. I am selling for the present owner, who never learned to play it.

It has a removable bass regulator bar. The set was completely overhauled, including a new leather bag, shortened main-stock cup, keys re-padded and hemp re-wrapped. All corks were replaced or greased. The pipes are fully air-tight. The bellows have a slight leak but are fully functional. The brass was polished due to uneven corrosion. The set looks like new.

I made the chanter reed 12 years ago and it plays a bit sharp of Bb, with great tone and is in tune with itself. The chanter has a wooden head and is fitted with the following keys (in D terms): Cnat., Bb, high D, high E and low Eb (ghost D). It is blocked for a Fnat. key.

I also made the drone reeds 12 years ago but they still need breaking in. The regulators need some tuning and reed adjustments. Comes with a wooden case made by Ginsberg.

There is a short video of the set being played on YouTube at my site: UncleTedleysPipes, and is titled Ginsberg B-flat Uilleann Pipes . A friend (who wishes anonymity) and I futzed with the reeds for a few minutes and I recorded him on his iPhone. He uploaded it, with his comments, on my site.

Asking $6,000 OBO.

Ted Anderson
uncletedley0@gmail.com
(707) 878-9978

Photos will be up on uilleannobsession.com site soon.

Ted

Re: FS: Ginsberg Bb Full Set-REDUCED

Post by Ted » Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Price reduced: $5,000 OBO