Reeding Services.

Sell your pipes, reeds, bellows, whatever, here.

Moderators: the plod, dropkick

upiper71

Post by upiper71 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:19 am

Thanks for the flowers there PJ!! :lol:

D
Montreal

dropkick

Post by dropkick » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Heya.

The past year has been one of utter chaos for moi, and as a result I haven't been able to fill any new reed orders. I am sorry to say that it will take just a bit longer for me to get back into the swing of things.

Firstly, I have been and will be on the road a good deal in the next few months and secondly, the majority of my resources are in storage somewhere in central FL while I am dwelling 1,500 miles away in the frozen tundra of MN.

I ask for your continued patience during this time and that you keep an eye on this forum for when I am ready to accept new orders.

Thank you very much,

-Joseph.
There are two ends to every pudding... -Cptn. Jack Aubrey.

http://flojoereeds.com/

kathleenp980

Re: Reeding Services.

Post by kathleenp980 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:05 am

dropkick wrote:I am now taking orders for chanter reeds, and somewhere down the line a good ways, regulator reeds... but the jury is still out on that one.

My chanter reed prices are:

$40.00............ Reed Blank (a complete reed that has not been scraped)

$45.00............ Scraped reed that has not been sanded or otherwise tuned to any chanter.

$50.00............ Finished reed... however, this will require you to send me the chanter in question (with return postage/insurance funds please). I will also want to know what kind of climate you will most likely be playing the reed in (for at least 60% of the time). And for purposes of setting up the reed, I would like to know at what pressure you want your reed to play its 'best' in... i.e. Hard, Medium or Light.

***at this time I am uninclined to repair reeds by another reed maker. I will repair reeds that I have made providing they have not been permanently altered by their owner.***

$0.00............ Consultation about anything in particular, perhaps even reeds.

I prefer to make stationary wire bridles for my chanter reeds, but if you want the standard copper 'sliding' bridle, I could build your reed that way too.

***I now have Uilleann Drone reed cane available for those interested in making their own cane reed. All sizes, especially tenor. It is a limited supply so first come first serve.

$3.00 ........... per guill.

*****I am also making cane drone reeds. They are $10.00 a piece, or $25 for a set of 3.

Serious orders, replies or questions can be made to me via PM here or at Chiff & Fipple (Joseph E. Smith is the username there... yeah, like I'd actually use my REAL name... hah!), or at this e-address:

info@flojoereeds.com

Thanks!

-JESmith

http://flojoereeds.com/

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks for the post. :D

Johnniez

Post by Johnniez » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 am

I have a full set B.C. Childress and have the complete specs for his reeds on a sheet of paper..

Can you make the reed from the specs rather than me sending you the chanter?

Tnx
Johnnie

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by the plod » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 am

best bet is to contact Joe privately, I haven't seen him around these parts in quite a while.

Jeff

Royce

Post by Royce » Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm

You still in the neighborhood? I'd like to try some cane drone reeds, particularly in the treble drone which I hate in principle and wish would go away. I may even try a chanter reed, though I'm booked up with those at the moment--you can always use another chanter reed though.

Royce
Sigs are a waste of bandwidth

bryell

Post by bryell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 pm

My reed just failed, took it to a gig and I think the cold temps have killed it.....I did email you to inquire on getting a new reed and had some questions. It was bounced back. Can you confirm your email address?
Thanks much!

PJ

Post by PJ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Joseph hasn't been active on this (or the other piping) forum for several years. You might want to look for another reed-maker.
PJ