Bellows problem

A forum to discuss the arcane art of making uilleann pipes, reeds, and set maintenance.

Moderators: the plod, dropkick

FergMaun

Bellows problem

Post by FergMaun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:35 am

My Uilleann Pipes bellows made by Lawrence Thomson the brass tube is loose and not fully Secure airtight anymore.

Any tips to fix back in place. I would prefer bass tube with brass plate and then screwed on for better secure fit.

ImageImageImageImage

David Lim Bellows The outlet connection is made from brass plate with brass tube soldered on at an appropriate angle

Cheers

Ferg

djm

Re: Bellows problem

Post by djm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Have you contacted Lawrence Thomson about the bellows problem? What is his solution?

Alternately, could you not get a local pipemaker to craft you the surface-mounted type of connector that you prefer? What about Martin Banba Gallen, for example?

djm
Sex and drugs and uilleann pipes

FergMaun

Post by FergMaun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:23 pm

I will be sending my bellows to David Lim in Manchester England http://www.davidlim-uilleannpipes.com

He will add the brass plate to the existing brass tube and screw it onto bellows.

Cheers

Ferg

FergMaun

Post by FergMaun » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:36 am

Got my Lawrence Thomson bellows back today from David Lim who repaired my bellows by attaching brass plate to the existing brass tube and then screw it onto bellows.

Cheers

Ferg