suggestion for organiz(s)ation

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

ausdag

Post by ausdag » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:03 am

Thies wrote:
ausdag wrote:BTW - if you then click on 'Users Personal Galleries' and then click on 'ausdag' you'll see my personal gallery :D
Growing your next chanter? :wink:
Yep - I really like to do things the hard way 8)
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/

PJ

Post by PJ » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:31 am

I'd like to suggest a part of the board be dedicated to buying and selling pipes and components (chanters, drones, reeds, bellows).

Obviously some sort of control would have to be put in place to prevent large commercial interests from taking over. I suggest that each member be limited to on advertisement per week and each ad be limited to 100 words and two reasonably sized images. The limits would only apply to his/her initial post. Of course, the seller would be able to reply to questions.
PJ

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:29 pm

From the FAQ page:

Q: What about buying and selling stuff through the list?

A: The members of this forum are scattered around the world. Many do not have ready access to the uilleann pipes or pipemakers. If you are looking for a set of pipes or are looking to sell an item please post the request to the list. Any negotiations should then take place off list.

I think that this is the best way to do it (of course I would say this... :mrgreen: ). My reasoning being that space occupied by want ads is space not being occupied by silly (but charming) banter. :mrgreen:

djm

Post by djm » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:16 pm

Joe, I think the point is that you can create multiple forums here on this new site: one for UP Discussion, one for UP Making, one for UP Reeds Q&A, one for Buy & Sell, one for UP Pics, etc. That way no one forum would get bogged down.

djm
Sex and drugs and uilleann pipes

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:59 am

... aaaah, *doink-doink*, I see. Sometimes it takes me hittin' a brick wall to actually see.... :mrgreen: