Well done Jeffrey

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

Cameron

Well done Jeffrey

Post by Cameron » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:59 am

Hello All!

As a regular visitor but infrequent contributer to the C&F forum I was very disappointed that the decision had been taken to lock it but am delighted to see that Jeffrey has taken the initiative and set up this new one. Many thanks indeed!

I hope this new Forum will continue in a similar fashion with the mix of topics and discussions ranging from the informative and educational to the occasional rantings of the lunatic fringe which are always highly entertaining.

I certainly have benefitted from the shared experiences of my fellow pipers and wish this new venture every success.

Well done Jeffrey and thanks again for your effort.

Kind regards,
Cameron

Thistledowne

More Kudos

Post by Thistledowne » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:43 am

I'll second that. I'll also say that I hope his web provider is generous with the bandwidth if the previous forum is as popular as I've been led to believe :D

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:33 am

Wow... look at all this room!!! Nice one Jeff!

Zina Lee

Wow.

Post by Zina Lee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:15 am

Y'all sure work fast -- nice job, Jeff!

Zina Lee
Denver, CO

PJ

Post by PJ » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:51 am

Hi guys,

Tried to get away from me, did you??

Well done on the new forum. Looking forward to some good reading/writing over the coming days, weeks, months, years...
PJ

Kevin Popejoy

Re: Well done Jeffrey

Post by Kevin Popejoy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:21 am

Cameron wrote:
I hope this new Forum will continue in a similar fashion with the mix of topics and discussions ranging from the informative and educational to the occasional rantings of the lunatic fringe which are always highly entertaining.

Kind regards,
Cameron
Nice one Jeff, I hope it goes OK. I can't say I agree about the lunatic fringe being entertaining. I just as soon have the folks that trashed that board stay the hell away from here. I can't really blame Dale for taking down the C&F board. The basic issue I think, is the fact he didn't particularly care enough about piping to invest the time in moderating that board. That's not to disparage Dale....he's just not a piper. I think success will ultimately rest on the shoulders of the moderators and that will be a big job for one person. I imagine Jeff will need volunteers before too long. k

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:54 am

Thanks for setting this forum up. I was beginning to go through withdrawal. :shock:

Jim

Breandan

Post by Breandan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:22 pm

thanks a bunch...the other site was like a much needed medicine for someone relatively new to the pipes like me. keep up the good work
Breandan

...and the band played waltzing Matilda

djm

Post by djm » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:28 pm

Dale had mentioned sending over the C&F UP archives to Gaelic Crossings (yech). Perhaps he would allow them to come over here instead.

djm
Sex and drugs and uilleann pipes

mukade

Post by mukade » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:33 am

Yes.

I shouldn't be too much trouble incorporating the old posts, perhaps in a seperate forum.

Mukade