Looking for Pipe Payer in Montreal Area for Folk Metal band

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

iamneuromancer

Looking for Pipe Payer in Montreal Area for Folk Metal band

Post by iamneuromancer » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi!

I am not a pipe player myself, though I may have to resort to learning it if I can't find a pipe player in the Montreal area (in Quebec Canada)! Our name is Bibracte, and we are currently writing a concept album on the story of Boudica, I would day the style of music is an interesting blend of Celtic/Irish/Norse/Viking/Pagan inspired metal, though we have very classic and classical/medieval influences as well. We our looking for a pipe player of any age or gender or skill level (so long you are willing to practice regularly!) to complete our line up, which currently consists of both males and female members. We have an soprano singer who leads the band, and she is backed by an alto and tenor who all sing together separately in a community choir. We have a violinist, flautist, lyricist and percussionist/drummer, guitar player, fretless bass and tin whistle player, and keyboardist, so we are just missing the Uilleann pipes to finish this beautiful musical idea!

This will be both a journey of fantasy and a real commitment, so If you are serious and interested please feel free to contact me and we can discuss. My name is Neuromancer Wintermute and you can contact me by email me at iamneuromancerx@gmail.com or call (514) 813-4080

Hail!

djm

Re: Looking for Pipe Payer in Montreal Area for Folk Metal b

Post by djm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 am

This page is quite dated but it is the only one I have for Québec. Perhaps you can try to contact a few of the names provided there to see who knows who and get more current info.

djm
Sex and drugs and uilleann pipes

PJ

Re: Looking for Pipe Payer in Montreal Area for Folk Metal b

Post by PJ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 pm

There's also Uilleann Quebec on Facebook.

For highland pipers, the best bet would be the black watch in montreal.
PJ