Uilleann Pipers World Map

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Uilleann Pipers World Map

Post by the plod » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:46 pm

so, about 10 years ago I put up a little web page called the uilleann pipers world map.... for some reason I eventually took it down in an effort to simplify the website (I think)... really not sure why... at any rate, I never actually took the page down, I just "de-linked" it. So it has been quietly sitting on the servers since 2006, a brief snapshot of pipers worldwide back in the day. It still works, here's directions from the original post, requires a valid email address...
It seems like people are always wondering if there are any uillean pipers in their vicinity, so.........

I have put up a web page where you can pin point on a map where you are so others can find you. Smile

You will need to supply your name and a valid email address, a link will then be sent to you to a page where you can put yourself "on the map"

The email address is not saved, it is just an authenticating device.

Several different maps are provided, choose the one that best suits your location. In the "extra info field" you can put your location name, email address (or basically anything you want), this information will show as a pop-up balloon when you mouse over it. The "Pin Link" field allows you to specify your website (the default is this forum if not specified), when someone clicks your link.

It's fairly simple, hopefully it'll be usefull too.

You do not have to be a member of this forum in order to put your pin on the map.

http://uilleannforum.com/membermap/membermap.php

Jeff

outofthebox

Re: Uilleann Pipers World Map

Post by outofthebox » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 am

That's useful Jeff - it might help beginners track down another piper in their vicinity.

Bill
United States of America

Post by Bill » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:40 am

Nice to have this feature back, Jeff! Thanks!
Bill

labuche29

Post by labuche29 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 pm

hi,
i'm from Brittany but at the moment i live in new caledonia.
Fred