New Jimmy O'Brien-Moran Album

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

WJC

New Jimmy O'Brien-Moran Album

Post by WJC » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello,

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I see Jimmy O' has released a new album (Thanks to Patrick D'Arcy's announcement on the Uilleann Obsession site!) and I haven't seen it mentioned in this forum, or heard of it otherwise.

From Jimmy's website: http://jimmyobrienmoran.com/ (You can order it from the website)
TAKE ME TENDER.. is the new CD from Jimmy O'Brien Moran. It is a tribute to the music of Paddy Conneely, a blind piper who lived in Galway. The darling of his age, Conneely gained national fame when his portrait and an accompanying article appeared in the popular Irish Penny Journal of October 3, 1840 - 173 years ago. Having survived the Great Famine Conneely died on September 11, 1851. However, over 180 pieces of his music had been transcribed by at least five collectors leaving a fascinating record of piping style and repertoire in pre-Famine Ireland.
Exciting news!

djm

Re: New Jimmy O'Brien-Moran Album

Post by djm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:38 am

Not only is this a great opportunity to listen to JOB's piping, it is also full of new piping tunes, instead of listening to just another rehash of Ennis/Clancy tunes.

djm
Sex and drugs and uilleann pipes