Hello guys!

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

FaliqAuri

Hello guys!

Post by FaliqAuri » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 am

Greetings! I just want to say hi to everyone of you. Im Faliq bytheway.Malaysian guy who plays the wonderful Uilleann Pipes. Have a good day,and enjoy the life because life is too short.i love Uilleann! :)

Faliq Auri
Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia

outofthebox

Re: Hello guys!

Post by outofthebox » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 am

Hi Faliq - Good to hear from you 8) There can't be many UP players in Malaysia. How long have you been playing?

FaliqAuri

Post by FaliqAuri » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

Hi outofthebox! Thanks for your comment. Exactly, i have not seen any Uilleann Piper so far here in Malaysia and I will be much happier if i can find any piper. This is due to the complexity of the instrument plus, no teacher to guide (probably i'm the first one). So far, i have been practicing on my own with the guidance by Mr. youtube for 2 years.there's so many top notch pipers that inspired me such as Seamus Ennis,liam o'Flynn, Paddy Keenan/Moloney, Tiarnan o' Duinnchinn, and others. How about you outofthebox? :)

Faliq
Malaysia.

outofthebox

Post by outofthebox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 am

There might be some Irish musicians living and working in Kuala Lumpur - maybe even a piper - and if they read this forum they might contact you. Where did you get your pipes?