Irish Arts week East Durham, NY

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

AdmiralCashbar

Irish Arts week East Durham, NY

Post by AdmiralCashbar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Hey everybody,

Just wondering if there are any pipers out there interested in splitting the cost of a hotel for the workshop. I'm broke and would prefer to not sleep in a tent.

Evan!

kathleen

Re: Irish Arts week East Durham, NY

Post by kathleen » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 am

Someone is looking for a roommate on the Chiff and Fipple forum. If you don't already have a room, you could contact him:

http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewforum.php?f=6

Kathleen

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Evan, I would advise against camping at CIAW. I contracted Lyme Disease there in '09 and have been sick ever since. Greene County has one of the highest incidence rates of Lyme in the country. I emailed the CIAW director, suggesting he might put a warning on the website and literature. He never replied. I had a 10" bulls eye rash yet never saw the tick. It has changed my life.

yommytec

Post by yommytec » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 am

Kerry wrote:Evan, I would advise against camping at CIAW. I contracted Lyme Disease there in '09 and have been sick ever since. Greene County has one of the highest incidence rates of Lyme in the country. I emailed the CIAW director, suggesting he might put a warning on the website and literature. He never replied. I had a 10" bulls eye rash yet never saw the tick. It has changed my life.
People have differing opinion and experience. I once camped at CIAW and enjoyed my time them. Contracted no disease whatsoever.