FOR SALE: Full set D uilleann pipes by ray sloan.

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

theblindpiper

FOR SALE: Full set D uilleann pipes by ray sloan.

Post by theblindpiper » Mon May 23, 2011 3:28 am

Hi all.

For sale is a 6 week old set of uileann pipes made by Ray Sloan. It is a full set with the following specifications:

Chanter: African Black Wood Fully Keyed with stop key,
3 drones,
3 regulators,
Bellows with kidney and arm pads.
Bag with green cloth,
blow pipe, etc

set materials are African blackwood, Imitation Ivory and chrome.

Includes custom spec flight case with foam and fabric internal lining to sit pipes, bellows, chanter and anything else you may need snuggly. also included are padlocks with key and carry strap for case. also original paperwork and purchase receipt.

also included is a small case containing some basic reed making tools and parts, etc.

Pipes were completed on 25/3/2011.

I am looking for offers around the £4200 region for the set. Genuine reason for sale...

they play reasonably well but require a little attention. I would recommend new reeds, etc.

Due to ill health, I'm forced to sell the set so would like these to go to a new home.

Due to weight of both the instrument and flight case, shipping outside of the UK is expensive so would feel better if there was someone within the UK or ireland who would be happy to collect.

photos as follows:

If photos don't work, email me and I'll send them directly

for more information please contact Lewis Alexander on 0044 (0)7936 877500 or email lewisejalexander@gmail.com

Thanks for reading.

lew

tritaffy

Re: FOR SALE: Full set D uilleann pipes by ray sloan.

Post by tritaffy » Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 am

FYI , remember this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=943&start=15&hilit=lewis+j+brock

just been banned on the other forum

sjcavy

Post by sjcavy » Sat May 28, 2011 8:07 am

For the second time.....
Sé mo laoch mo Ghile Mear
‘Sé mo Chaesar, Ghile Mear,
Suan ná séan ní bhfuaireas féin
Ó chuaigh i gcéin mo Ghile Mear.

LiamO'Flynn

Post by LiamO'Flynn » Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 am

Jeez, all he did was threaten Dale, afterall aren't we all quilty of that crime(at least in our minds)and he seemed to have it tough so he needs a break.Saying that he seems to have come into some money since he was asking for donations of free Uilleann pipes. Government grants are great.

Liam
Liam O'Flynn the plumber not the piper .

Mr Hulot

Post by Mr Hulot » Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 pm

As a MAC user I have come across Mr Lewis Alexander (or is it Mr Lewis Brock) before and all is not as it seems. It would be interesting to know if he intends to return the money from his pipes and equipment sale to those who gave out the donations or if he is just going to pocket it.

With regards to the C&F others have been banned e.g. Davy Stephenson and he is not even allowed to be mentioned by name .

Dale and Co seem to have a very strange way of running the forum sometimes taking down posts and sometimes leaving them a prime example from some months back being a customer complaining about leaving an enormous deposit and not getting his instrument. This was locked so that the pipe maker concerned was unable to reply and is still visible however on another forum it was allowed to run its course. Interestingly after a few posts it turned against the poster as it turned out the situation the customer portrayed was not what it seemed (much like Mr Alexander/Mr Brock) and he had posted something that was untrue.

Saw the post on the C&F by blindpiper and Mr Sloans reply - he is not a happy bunny! That makes at least three pipemakers pissed off with the C&F but luckily for Dale and Co they are all UK based so court is not an easy option however it is only a matter of time before some deranged customer picks on a US maker and the Mods could well see themselves in trouble

outofthebox

Post by outofthebox » Mon May 30, 2011 3:51 am

It seems to me that everyone needs to be cut some slack - that goes for pipers and pipemakers too. It makes for good karma all around 8)

Mr Hulot

Post by Mr Hulot » Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 am

The only thing that needs to cut some slack are the moderators on the C&F plus a certain people who like to poke there noses into issues that do not concern them personally

Any issues between pipemakers and customers should be kept that way - i.e. private and threads should be deleted without question before harm is done to their livelihoods as like this current thread things are rarely as simple as they seem. Perhaps the pipemaker I have not menioned so far would care to comment ?

Just realised it is at least 4 pipemakers pee'd off - forgot all about Mr Patkos who having posted how his email account had been trashed and gave out his new one immediately had several people jump on him for being out of contact.
It seems to me that everyone needs to be cut some slack - that goes for pipers and pipemakers too
If you follow the forums you will know that it is very rare for a pipemaker to complain about his customers and quite honestly Mr Sloan was correct in posting especially as the customer in question was being very out of hand.

As I said it is only a matter of time before someone picks on a US maker and Dale and Co will be in court