Chris Bayley's Pipes

An on-line forum to discuss uilleann pipes

Moderators: the plod, snoogie, dropkick

karl

Chris Bayley's Pipes

Post by karl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi, I'm totally new to the forum. I'm a flute player who wants to start playing the Uilleann Pipes. I'm trying to figure out who to buy a practice (or 1/2) set from. I've been talking with Chris Bayley via email, and I have to say he's been fantastic, he's a really helpful guy. Chris has invited me over to try his pipes which I will probably try to do, but he is a long way from me so that will take some figuring out (no car most of the time). I was wondering if anyone has any comments on his pipes? Feel free to PM me.

the plod
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Chris Bayley's Pipes

Post by the plod » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 pm

As far as I know, you should be just fine with one of Chris' sets.

Jeff

karl

Post by karl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:47 am

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with another maker :)

Mr Hulot

Post by Mr Hulot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:59 am

Feel free to PM me
Problem with PM's is that the maker cannot defend himself or put his side. Have been to Tionals where makers have been swapping horror stories about some of their customers who will wreck their instrument and cause endless problems blaming everyone but themselves.

I know several makers in the UK and Eire (Not Chris who has some very serious health issues or the C&F's great un-nameable one) that look on the forums with horror and the damage done on them by malicious posters

If you read this Chris can you post what you have found out about the allergy that has caused you so much grief as have followed those links you sent me and I cannot believe these companies can get away with this. It would be a good idea to warn others literally what they may be walking into.

Mr H